SolbegSoft’s Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) policy reflects SolbegSoft’s ongoing commitment to integrate best positive social, environmental and ethical practices into our daily business operations and strategy. While we run our business in line with the expectations of diverse international stakeholders, we also see corporate responsibility as a discipline that helps us manage risks and maximize on the opportunities available to us in a rapidly changing world.
At SolbegSoft, we define CSR in the following way:
- Doing business in a socially responsible and ethical manner;
- Protecting the environment and the safety of people;
- Supporting human rights; and
- Engaging, educating and learning from, respecting and supporting local communities and cultures within which we work.
This report is a summary of our CRS activities policies and actions in various dimensions since Oct. 2018 till Oct. 2019.
SOCIAL AND COMMUNITY CONTRIBUTIONS
Our Vision & Policy
Through our efforts in the areas of Education, Environment and Community, SolbegSoft is committed to sharing the expertise and attributes of our highly skilled workforce to effectively support the needs of, and positively add to the world at large and the communities where we work and live. By understanding our impact on local and regional communities, we strive to create positive change and opportunities in areas where it is needed most.
- Such efforts include our technology education initiatives, through which we provide cutting-edge and industry-relevant disruptive technologies;
- training and mentorship programs to teenagers, participants of IT community in Belarus, as well as other technology conferences, seminars;
- hackathon events where we encourage social innovation and jumpstart collaboration among our local tech communities.
Through these community engagements and our various partnerships with universities, IT educational courses, we bring together creative professionals and push ourselves to find innovative solutions for pressing social challenges, as well as educate teens.
On October 19-20, 2019 SolbegSoft hosted the first ever MediaHackathon in Belarus for teenagers. It was a huge free event for teens, their parents, famous mentors from IT community in Belarus and most prestigious educational organizations. The main goal of the MediaHackathon participants was to create a video on a given topic, as well as develop a media plan for their personal YouTube channel. The hosts identified 3 main topics to choose: information technology, science and ecology. All these topics are critical for the future in any country of the world.
The social responsibility of our company has been to support modern education for children. We believe that by creating useful video content, teens will become more interested and competent in issues of science, IT, and ecology. This will make education process more accessible and exciting. Solbegsoft sponsored the event including valuable prizes for top 3 teams. Most famous Belarusian news portals (6M + visitors per day) provided full media coverage.
ENVIRONMENT AND SUSTAINABILITY
Our Vision & Policy
SolbegSoft is committed to protecting the health and safety of all individuals affected by our activities, including our employees, partners and the public. SolbegSoft is providing a healthy and safe working environment and will not compromise the safety and health of any individual. We continually are making efforts to improve our environmental performance through the implementation of sustainable development and environmental practices.
- We encourage our personnel to be mindful of the effect of their actions on the environment and seek to minimize the adverse environmental effects of our personnel traveling between facilities.
- We encourage the use of sustainable practices in the maintenance of our company facilities.
- We participate in the environment protection kayaking – tours, that help collect garbage near local rivers.
For almost 3 years in a row SolbegSoft Team has been participating in various environment protection activities. Every year in April we take part in ecological kayaking-tours, joining the so called local “Clean River” campaigns. In April 2019 SolbegSoft activists collected the garbage from Berezina and Isloch Rivers in Belarus. More than 70 SolbegSoft employees participated in the “Clean River” campaign: as a result, around 400kg of wastes and garbage were collected and then separated for recycling! One of international TV channels provided media coverage and made a tv-story about our garbage collection kayaking tour as one of the most interesting eco-friendly initiatives from local IT-companies.
- We do not accept forced, bonded or involuntary prison labor.
- We prohibit discrimination based on race, national origin or ancestry, color, genetic information, age, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran or military status, or any other characteristics protected by law.
- We prohibit illegal physical abuse, harassment or the threat of either.
- We comply with local minimum age laws and requirements and do not employ child labor.
- We provide time off and leisure time in accordance with local labor laws.
- We provide a safe and healthy workplace for our personnel.
- We invest in professional development and resources to maintain and enable the continued professional development of our personnel.
Each year our HR department and company top management are doing their best to control and strictly follow the above mentioned principles and at the same time to promote tolerance and human rights among all the company employees, to improve their working conditions and provide new opportunities for their personal and professional growth.